Tagliolini with Shrimp Sauce
The theme of pasta and fish is used endlessly in recipes from the coastal regions in Italy. This dish, with just its few ingredients of shrimps, garlic, tomatoes, parsley and basil, is a treat. You can use fresh home-made or bought fresh or dried pasta for this recipe. Tagliolini resembles very thin tagliatelle.
- 250g (9 oz) shrimp
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500g (18 oz) cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 350g (12 oz) fresh tagliolini or 400g (14 oz) dried linguine
- Salt and pepper and/or chilli pepper to taste
- Peel the shrimps, and halve or quarter if large.
- Fry the garlic briefly in the olive oil, then add the shrimps and tomatoes and stir-fry for a few minutes. Then add the parsley, basil, salt and pepper and/or chilli to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente (4-5 minutes for fresh, 8-9 for dried). Drain, mix with the sauce and serve immediately.