Festival season is here, so it is the time when we get and share gifts with each other. Although it is easy to figure out the best gift for the festival season, which could be any sweets, chocolate, or more, the major issue takes place under whiskey lovers.
Because for whiskey lovers, we can’t directly give them a bottle of whiskey. If you are also stuck in this issue, then do follow this post till the end, as here we are going to look at some of the best food and whiskey pairings that you can use for the festive season gifts or for parties as well.
Although here we are going to share some of the best food and whiskey pairings but before getting forward with the main section, let us look at how we can pain whisky with food and what factors we should keep in mind for pairings.
How to pair whiskey with food?
Here is the list of some helpful hints with the help of which you can make yourself the best food and whiskey pairings:
- Light and fruity whiskies offer a more fruity taste than a hard taste. In that case, you should pair such whiskies with lighter seafood items. Some of the best food options to be paired with light whiskies are sushi, sashimi, salmon, daintier cheese, plum tarts, and more.
- If you are drinking a moderate whiskey type, you should pair it with food items like gamey proteins such as lamb, grass-fed beef, and roasted pork. You can even check out medium-boiled cheeses such as cheddar, aged gouda, and more.
- Try to have food items with robust and assertive flavors with full-bodied whiskies. Some of the food items you can check out with full-bodied whiskies are smoked oysters, duck, roasted chicken, smoked salmon, dry beef, India based food items, and strong cheeses.
- You all must know that there are acid-based whiskies, and if you are drinking one such whiskey, you should pair it with sweet food items.
- Have you ever thought to pair spicy food items with any sort of whiskies? If yes, then we are sure that you might have faced many issues in pairing spicy food with your whiskies, but if you are still unable to figure it out, you should pair it with zesty whisky. With the help of such whiskey and spicy food items, you would be able to take advantage of enhanced flavors.
- If you have floral whiskies, then you should try to pair them with fruits and berries. With the help of such food items, you can take advantage of an enhanced experience.
- If you want to take advantage of the best full-bodied whiskey experience, you should try to build desserts made up of baking spices such as ginger, cinnamon, and more.
Best food and whiskey pairings to enjoy the festive season:
Here in this section, we are going to have a look at some of the best food and whiskey pairings to enjoy the festive season:
1. Screwball peanut butter whiskey with pumpkin pie:
Here we have our first and the most fantastic food and whiskey pairing to enjoy the festive season in which you can pair your outstanding striking and loud Screwball peanut butter whiskey with pumpkin pie. Moreover, you must be aware of this whiskey’s hard taste that will perfectly enhance the taste mixture from pumpkin pie along with some cream on the top. You can buy Screwball peanut butter whiskey from here.
2. Ardmore traditional whiskey with lamb stew:
The next option on the list is Ardmore traditional whiskey with lamb stew. With this whiskey, you would be able to take advantage of a strong taste, and by having this whiskey with lamb stew, you will notice a great enhancement in the taste.
By the addition of carrots and cheese in the lamb stew, you would be able to notice an amazing taste outcome.
3. Ardbeg whiskey with sushi:
If you have ever had Ardbeg whiskey, you must know that it has a salty and seawater type of taste and when you add sushi along with this whiskey, you would be able to get the best out of it.
The sushi will become an add-on to the taste and gives a sea taste overall. Moreover, if you want to enhance the taste of sushi, try to eat it with soy sauce.
4. Benromach 10-year old whiskey with orange-flavored chocolate:
In this Benromach 10-year old whiskey, you would be able to get a fantastic taste of citrus notes. Hence this is the reason it is combined with orange-flavored chocolate. You would be able to get a tangy type of taste from this chocolate, and the citrus notes, once mixed with the tangy taste, bring out the best from it.
5. Macallan Sherry Oak with a dark chocolate souffle:
This Macallan Sherry oak whiskey is made up of dried fruits spice and orange-flavored chocolate, and the best food item to serve with this whiskey is a dark chocolate souffle. As because of orange chocolate, you would be able to notice a sweet taste of this whiskey and to kill that extra sweetness, you should have it along with dark chocolate souffle.
6. Lagavulin Whiskey with blue cheese:
This Lagavulin whiskey has an extremely strong taste; whenever you drink it will produce some inflammation inside your body, and to kill that inflammation effect, you should serve it with blue cheese.
Moreover, for those who are unaware of it, blue cheese is a strong cheese and is a perfect option to serve with strong whiskey.
7. Elijah Craig Single barrel whiskey with grilled chicken:
This option will fit perfectly with the amazing and spicy taste of grilled chicken. With the help of grilled chicken, you can even add-on additional spices and give your taste buds a one time experience of amazingness.
This was all about some of the best food and whiskey pairings to enjoy this festive season. There are plenty of such pairings, but the above-mentioned are some of the major ones.