Many people plan to have parties in their apartments, balconies and rooftops with friends and family. It is vital to arrange all the necessary things, including music systems, food preparation, lights, and much more. It is easy to prepare tasty snacks on the grill, and you can use the grill at any open place. Not every person can manage such parties because preparing a lot of snacks is a tedious job.
It is necessary to look for a perfect grill to cook large meals safely. You can avoid spending too much money on ordering food for parties. Follow the buying guide and see what things are crucial to check before purchasing any device. In the following write-up, we will discuss the best small grills for apartments, balconies, small patios, and rooftops.
1. American Gourmet Classic 280 Char-Broil 2-Burner Propane Gas Grill
It is a two-burner grill by American Gourmet, which you can operate with liquid propane gas. It delivers 20,000 BTU heat to cook your snacks properly. You need a surface that measures 280 sq. inches for accommodating big meals.
The grates are well-coated by porcelain with a rust-resistant feature, and it is easy to clean and cook any snacks. You can move the grill to any place. The stainless-steel burners stay for a long time. Consider its fantastic features in detail.
- You need a proper cooking space to keep this grill and make delicious food items on the porcelain-coated grates.
- There are two stainless steel burners that enhance the cooking performance.
- You need to assemble the parts of the device before using it.
- It consists of a steel lid with porcelain coating and a firebox stand.
- There are two metal side shelves of size 12 inches width x 13-inches length.
- Due to extra storage, you can get enough space for preparation.
- It has a piezo ignition system for conventional cooking.
2. Kamado Joe Charcoal Red KJ13RH 13.5-inch Grill
Kamado is another trustworthy brand for manufacturing the best grills. You can choose any suitable location where you can install the grill and start cooking. It is a high-quality and portable device for grilling delicious food. Let us check out some of its detailed features.
- The packaging includes an iron stand with a 13.5-inch ceramic grill.
- There is a shell with a thick and heat-resistant wall that can lock the moisture at any temperature.
- You can control the temperature by the cast-iron air vent.
- The cooking grate is made up of 304 stainless steel.
- There is a built-In temperature gauge in this grill.
3. Solaire SOL-IR17BWR Infrared Stainless-Steel Gas Grill
It is a perfect grill by Solaire for picnics, camping, balconies, rooftops, etc. You can install it anywhere to cook delicious and juicy grilled food. It is a portable grill with an infrared burner that can heat up within three mins.
It helps in enhancing the flavor and eliminates flare-ups. The warming rack and a carrying bag with three propane bottle pockets of 1 lb are included. Check out its other features to know more about this product.
- The grilling area is 140 square inches, in which you can cook six burgers of 4 inches.
- The v-grate helps in improving the flavor and reduces flare-ups.
- There is a warming rack area of 67 square inches.
- The packaging consists of a carrying bag, a tank adapter, a portable stand, a tripod, a low-pressure propane kit, a grid scraper, natural gas conversion, and a mount adapter plate.
- It weighs 20 pounds, and its size is 20 x 13 x 12 inches when it is hood down, and 20 x 13 x 21 inches when it is hood up.
4. Weber 741001 22-Inch Original Kettle Charcoal Grill
Many people around the world like Weber products, including grills and other food-preparation devices. It is durable and portable. The packaging contains a porcelain lid with a bowl retaining heat. It is possible to adjust the temperature and cook a variety of food. There is a one-touch cleaning system that helps in easy cleaning. Consider some of its detailed features.
- Highly durable grilling machine with porcelain lid and bowl for heat retaining.
- You can adjust the temperature and manage it as per different food items.
- The one-touch cleaning system helps in easy cleaning and maintaining it.
- You can cook at least 13 burgers at a time and serve your family and friends.
- There is a removable ash catcher made up of aluminum.
- There is no risk of peeling and rusting on the surface.
5. Cuisinart CGG-059 8,000 BTU Propane Gas Grill
This grill model by Cuisinart is available in a sleek design with high performance and no cleaning hassle. It is well-designed with stainless steel and a hinged lid. It is easy to cook plenty of items with different temperature settings. You can assemble the parts of the grill with ease. The company provides a limited warranty for three years. Check out its detailed features.
- You will get 146 square inches of cooking space, which is made up of enameled steel.
- The 8,000 BTU burner requires a propane tank of 1 lb to operate.
- The dimensions of the grill are 19 x 11.5 x 10 inches with 10 lbs weight.
- Suitable for decks, balconies, patios, camping, and much more.
- There is no need to assemble the parts of the grill. It is easy to set it up within 5 minutes.
- There is a locking lid that helps in latching down for easy and quick transport.
- You can use the drip tray for collecting the drippings and grease for effective cleaning.
- Monitor the gas flow by using the gas regulator while cooking.
- This product is available with a limited warranty of 3 years.
You cannot invest your money in any worthless item. Therefore, you should always check the build quality of the grill machine. Make sure that the material should last longer and stays durable. You need such a device to cook food for small parties with families and friends. As per your use, you should spend money on solid and durable materials.
Type of Fuel
Grillers need something to start and operate if you are using them in any conventional space. If you need to install it on a small balcony or garden, pick the one which operates on any fuel. You cannot look for a power source to use the device for cooking tasty snacks. There are different types of fuels to use these grillers, such as:
Charcoal: You can use such a grill machine where you have plenty of wood or charcoal. Install the device on your balcony, rooftop, patios, apartments, etc., and use charcoals for cooking food. Make sure that you handle it with care to avoid any issues.
Propane: You can also prefer Liquid Propane Gas (LPG) or Propane for open flame. There is no need to extinguish any solid fuel. You can get propane grills and LPG tanks in different sizes. If you are not using the tanks, then you have to store them at a good place.
Natural Gas: Not every person prefers natural gas as a fuel for their grillers. But many people find it convenient in small spaces. It is not allowed to be used on a balcony or indoors. But you can install such grillers in your small backyard.
Electricity: If you want to grill food in your apartment, balconies, rooftops, etc., electric grills are the best options. You need a power source to install the device and cook whatever food you want on any heat setting. There is no pollution due to the use of any fuel.
Make sure that you check the area where you will install the grill at your home. You can get such devices with a stand, and it is easy to place at any open space on the stand. But if there is no stand, then you can put it on a shelf or table.
Make sure that the grill you are buying must have a stand to keep it at any place. In this way, the grill machine will become portable, and you can move to any place without any inconvenience. Consider the ones with wheels to make it shift to any open area.
You must consider the size of the small grill machine according to your space and family. It is necessary to measure the area and know methods to move the grill in no need. If you arrange any party, make sure that you can prepare enough food for your guests.
Consider all the accessories that are available with small grills. If you are spending your money, make sure that you are getting enough accessories in the packaging. It can be worth buying and, in this way, you will make a better decision.
Whenever you explore online portals to get the perfect small grill for apartments, balconies, small patios, etc., make sure that you consider user reviews. Go through all the comments and check whether the device is suitable for you or not. In case of a negative comment, you can go for other products.
Every person has a budget, and therefore, you have also planned the amount of money you will spend on it. If you want to buy a large and durable grill, you have to spend more money than buying the small one. But in the case of large grills, you can manage to have a party at your place with a big group of people.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Possible to Install a Grill on a Balcony or an Apartment?
Yes, you can use grills on balconies or apartments if you keep them in an open space. Keep the extinguisher to avoid catching fire. You can cook many food items, but you need to be careful while dealing with such devices.
Do Electric Grills a Better Choice?
If you are looking for a healthy way to grill your food, then electric ones are the best choice for outdoor cooking. It does not produce carcinogens, and there is no use of unsustainable fuels that are not eco-friendly.
Which Grill type is the Healthiest?
When it comes to buying the healthiest grill, then you can prefer the gas ones. You can cook healthy food by burning the fuel cleanly. There is no release of any volatile organic compounds that can contaminate your food. Without any soot or smoke, the food will stay healthy as compared to the charcoal ones.
What Will Happen When You Avoid Cleaning the Grill?
It will change the taste of your food. Cleaning the grill after every use will keep it away from rust, and the taste will remain the same as your cooked food. Make sure that you clean your grill after every use. You should start the cleaning process when the grate in the grill cools down. Take out the grill brush and begin cleaning the stuck food particles on the grate. You may need to have a wire brush for proper cleaning.
Many people love to cook delicious grilled food, and it is necessary to have a grilling machine at your place. Instead of ordering, you can prepare that food by spending less money. Depending on the size of your family, you can buy any device that fulfills your needs. It is better to prefer the ones that can be operated with gas because you can cook healthy food by burning clean gas.
Consider the mentioned buying guide and choose any of the best products from the list. If you are investing your money, make sure that the item should be worth buying. Arrange food for parties by yourself at your place by using any of the small grills. Make the right decision and pick the better option at a reasonable price.
Check out at these small grills also: