Are you in search of a high-quality and durable cookware set, but you aren’t sure which one you should get? We’re here to help by walking you through this entire shopping journey stress-free!
When choosing the best cookware, one can easily get confused and overwhelmed. There are a lot of options to choose from, so picking the best one can often be quite difficult.
That is precisely why we’re here to inform you about everything you should know prior to making your granite cookware purchase.
That way, you will know whether granite cookware is the right choice for you or not, and won’t risk getting the wrong product and going through the hassle of returning it. It’s always better to be prepared when it comes to this, so we’re here to show you how to shop like a pro in record time!
Understanding What Granite Cookware Is
Before we get into explaining the reasons why granite cookware is or isn’t a good choice, we’ll first explain what granite cookware actually is.
Although you may be familiar with this type of product, there also might be a few things you aren’t aware of, and it’s always smart to learn as much as possible about the product before you purchase it.
Granite cookware is one of the healthiest and safest cookware you can find on the market. It is typically made of carbon steel, aluminum, or stainless steel cores, and it features a durable non-stick coating.
There is a number of granite cookware items you can get, such as pots, pans, grills, and much more.
If you’re wondering whether granite cookware is high in quality and durability, the answer is yes. It is also very safe to use, and it normally doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals, which also makes it a very healthy option.
Although you may believe that granite cookware is made of granite, it actually doesn’t contain any granite whatsoever. The reason why it is called granite cookware is the similarity in appearance.
The Pros & Cons of Granite Cookware
Now that you’re properly acquainted and know exactly what granite cookware is made of, it is time you learn about all its advantages and disadvantages.
We listed the pros and cons of granite cookware below so that you can learn about them quickly and easily:
- It’s affordable—You can find granite pots and pans almost anywhere, and they are usually quite affordable. You won’t have to break the bank in order to get a good and high-quality product, which is always a plus
- It’s lightweight—If you ever want to go on a road trip or to go camping and take your cookware along, granite cookware is a perfect choice. It is not heavy, and you can easily fit it in your bag or luggage and take it with you wherever you want. It’s also great for older people who may have trouble carrying heavier items with them
- It won’t rust—You won’t have to clean and wipe your granite cookware after washing it worrying it would rust. This cookware is usually rust-proof, so you can save the time and effort you would otherwise spend worrying about these things
- It’s easy to clean—The smooth surface that this cookware usually has makes cleaning and maintaining it a piece of cake. In addition to that, it is also often glossy and very aesthetically pleasing, which makes it a perfect gift idea
- It doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals—Granite cookware is free of cadmium, lead, PFOA, and PTFE, which means it is 100% safe and healthy
- You can’t use metal utensils—Typically, you will have to use wooden or plastic utensils with your granite cookware, not metal
- There is a lot of cheap and poorly made cookware—You can find no shortage of low-quality granite cookware on the market that is thin and can’t retain heat as effectively. That is why you would have to make sure the product you’re purchasing is well-made and high in quality, which takes a bit of time and effort
- It can crack your glass cooktops
- Your food may stick—In case you don’t have an instructions manual or don’t follow it properly, your food may stick on the pan’s surface even though the cookware is supposed to be non-stick
- It sometimes chips—The fact that poorly made granite cookware can chip and crack may result in you finding ceramic chips in your food. This can be quite inconvenient, so you always need to make sure that the cookware you’re purchasing is very well-made and durable
Factors To Consider When Purchasing Granite Cookware
Finally, to make sure that you purchase the best granite cookware there is, you need to know what to consider during your shopping journey.
Take a look at the list below to see what factors you should consider when choosing your granite cookware:
The first thing you should consider is how safe the granite cookware you’re interested in is. You want to get a product that is free of any harmful chemicals, including PFOA, PTFE, and anything else. Once you do that, you’ll know that the cookware you got is completely healthy and safe to use.
The next factor you should consider is how high the quality of the cookware you want is. You will need a high-quality and highly durable product if you want it to last for a long time and not break after only a few uses. That is why ensuring your granite cookware is made with premium-quality and durable materials is a must.
The last factor you need to pay attention to is what kind of design your cookware features. You should look for the most convenient and handy options, including the ones that feature an ergonomic design and heat-resistant handles.
Think about what would fit your needs best and look for such details before you purchase the product.
Once you go over all these factors and ensure the product you’re interested in checks all the boxes, you can proceed with your purchase and expect to have excellent granite cookware to last you for a long time.