We all are very familiar with the problem of food sticking on the pan while cooking. Not only will it stick to the bottom but also start burning which makes it worse while cleaning the utensil. But if you have a high-quality non-stick pan with you then it will make your cooking even easier and hassle-free. Not only the cooking but you can easily clean them with a single swipe of a wet cloth.
In this article, Madison from Cookware Stuffs covered some important aspects of non-stick cookware so that you can cook the scrambled eggs easily without wasting 10-15 minutes in cleaning the pan afterward. Here are some of the important things that you need to know about non-stick pans:
They are constructed robustly and that is mainly with the non-stick material that is made up of Aluminium or with the stainless steel with the facility of handles that are easy to carry and safe.
Questions about Frying Pans
There is a wide range of questions that come into your mind about the non-stick pans and some of them are mentioned herewith there answers:
Q. Do the non-stick pans have the facility of the dishwasher in them?
Ans: Non-stick pans are dishwasher proof but it is observed that they are affected adversely because of them. As a result of this, the long term non-stick pans do not have dishwashers in them so that they can last for 20 to 30 years without getting spoiled. On the other hand, if you want the facility of the dishwasher in your device and can compromise with the quality or last longevity of the product that is of 5 to 10 years, you can buy those types of pans also and they are available in the market.
Q. Are they safe when used in ovens?
Ans: They are oven safe and mainly contain the handles and the handles must be made up of plastic that is non-oven-proof. The package in which the pan is wrapped and delivered contains all the details about the bearing of the pan and the amount of heat that it can bear of the oven. Instead of this, better than could be asked would be “Are they ready for induction hob?” And the answer to this question would be no if the magnet is not attached to its base.
Q. What facility can be added to the pans so that they can last for a longer period?
Ans: It is very simple to understand that they should not be washed in the dishwasher and should not be exposed to high flames. The heat of the oven that is appropriate for the pan is 180 degree and the heat above cannot be bear by the pans. They should not be exposed to a high whack of the burner also and it is applicable in the case of any case whether it is induction, ceramic or gas.
Non-stick pans are mainly designed for the heat bearing capacity of moderate to low. The best quality pans conduct heat in them at low only and all this is what they require. There can be high heat kept for the searing of meat and that too for the shorter period but if you want to maximize the longevity of the pans then this should be kept for a maximum of 1 to 2 minutes and not more than that. If you are cooking an ultra-manly or mega heat-based type of food then you should use the pans that are made up of cast iron.
Some other Factors
Along with these things you also need to distinguish about the quality of pan like:
1. The material used for making the pan- Usually frying pans are available in different materials and coatings. If you want non-stick cookware on which your omelette will not stick. For that, we have a descriptive suggestion.
- Aluminium- The Aluminium pan will give you a solid heat temperature and also it has no problem of rusting and corrosion.
- Aluminium Clad Stainless Steel- This is the same as the Aluminium pan but it will also work with the induction so if you are looking for induction then you may prefer this material.
- Copper- It will also provide you a good quality heat temperature.
- Carbon Steel- This is mainly used in inductions because it will give you high performance in induction.
2. The thickness of the frying pan- After finding a good quality frying pan the next thing that you have to look at is the thickness of the frying pan. This is because they are also considered as an important aspect of the frying pans. You can measure the thickness of a frying pan in gauge or mils. But before the measurement, you need to understand the ideal measurements for a frying pan. 1 mil is equal to 1/1000 so the thickness of the frying pan depends on the number of mil in a frying pan.
3. Riveted or Rivertless frying pans- If you have a riveted handle in your pan then it is quite good because riveted pans do not need to be tightened after every month. But if you have a rivetless handle on your frying pan then you need to tighten it after some time so that the handle will not get separated from the pan.
4. Non-stick or Natural fish frying pan- The non-stick pan and the natural flushed frying pan both work very differently in the kitchen. You need to select according to your use but if you choose a frying pan then it might be a good choice because it is a multifunctional pan.
5. Handle types- Now after understanding all the things about frying let’s have a look about the handle because the handle is as important as the material of the frying pan. You may go for the stainless steel handle or metal handle. Some of the good quality fry pans consist of the metal handle that is covered with silicon.
With the final words, we conclude that frying pans are the multifunctional cookware. Like all other non-stick cookware frying pans also holds an important place in a kitchen. So follow the things that are mentioned in the article and keep enjoying hassle-free cooking.