An over-the-range microwave is an excellent option if you don’t have enough counter space or simply want the microwave out of the way.
Microwaves in place of range hoods, on the other hand, may look a little out of style since the debut of the drawer microwave.
Manufacturers, on the other hand, have made sure to update their models and incorporate all of the high-tech features that purchasers want.
Over-the-range microwaves can be one of the most stunning appliances in your kitchen, with enormous capacity and high wattage, as well as sensor-cook and dual function features.
Some even feature Wi-Fi capabilities, allowing you to manage the microwave from your smartphone. This small appliance isn’t inexpensive, and it has a sleek design and complex settings, so you’ll want to be careful while making your purchase.
Continue reading to learn more about the top over-the-range microwaves on the market.
Top 10 Over The Range Microwaves
1. FRIGIDAIRE Microwave Oven in Stainless Steel
FRIGIDAIRE FGMV17WNVF is one of the best Over The Range Microwave Ovens available in the market. It will fulfill all your needs and it comes with great features that will prove to be a great help for you.
It is more than enough for your kitchen needs since it comes with 1.7 cu. Ft. of capacity and do not worry about its exterior because this amazing Over The Range Microwave comes in smudge-proof stainless steel.
In all tests, this Frigidaire Professional model received very good ratings for heating speed, noise, and venting.
It’s one of the easier versions in terms of ease of use, and you will be able to program it without checking the owner’s handbook right out of the box. It has amazing features that make it so great, so let us have a look at those features.
- It has an easy-to-clean interior that will let you effortlessly wipe away and clean spills from your microwave and assist you.
- It has clever sensors that change power levels and cooking durations automatically, allowing you to cook a range of foods with ease.
- Cooktop LED Lighting is one of the microwave’s best features, making meal preparation and cooking a breeze. A clear, bright view of your cooktop is provided by LED lighting.
- It has over 30 settings to choose from, including your favorite meals, chicken nuggets, and snacks.
- At the stroke of a button, Effortless Reheat allows you to reheat practically anything.
2. GE Microwave Oven in Stainless Steel
The GE JVM6175YKFS is a reliable performer, scoring Very Good on all major tests ranging from heating uniformity to defrosting. It runs quietly, and the controls are simple to grasp even without checking the handbook. GE is a dependable brand that is worth investigating.
This over-the-range microwave is one of the best microwaves on the market and is very easy to use, thanks to its many great features. Users who own this microwave oven always suggest it to others. Let’s have a look at the characteristics that make this such a popular choice.
- It has an incredible capacity of 1.7 cu. ft., and trust us when we say that this is more than enough for your needs.
- This over-the-range microwave oven with a capacity of 1.7 cu. ft. is designed to work with three different forms of ventilation. Outside exhaust is recirculated and might be vertical or horizontal.
- The oven has sensor cooking controls that change the cooking time automatically.
- It can thaw over time.
- It incorporates Turntable On/Off Controls and a turntable action that makes it very simple to use.
- This microwave oven’s dimensions are 16 5/16 H x 29 7/8 W x 15 9/16 D.
3. Sharp SMO1854DS Over the Range Microwave Oven
The Sharp SMO1854DS Over the Range Microwave Oven is a wonderful choice if you’re not a planner and like to grab something from the freezer to make dinner when you get home from work. Sharp has decades of expertise designing revolutionary kitchen gadgets, which is why cooks all around the world rely on them.
It’s simple to use and can be a great addition to your kitchen. This is currently one of the greatest over-the-range microwave ovens available. It has several fantastic features that will entice you to purchase it right away.
- This oven looks great next to other stainless steel appliances because of its edge-to-edge stainless steel, black glass, and subtle branding. The cool blue display is easy to read, and the gray interior with dazzling white LED lighting adds an attractive touch to any modern kitchen.
- This oven is ready to cook your family’s meals with 1100 watts of power and 1.8 cu. ft. of capacity, and the Carousel 12.8-inch glass turntable assures uniform and effective cooking.
- The strong, three-speed ventilation system can move up to 450 cubic feet per minute and has easy-to-reach filters that can be replaced quickly.
- The stain-resistant Simply Better Clean enamel interior wipes clean with a moist towel.
4. GE JVM3162RJSS Over the Range Microwave
If you use your microwave for more than just reheating and defrosting, the GE JVM3162RJSS 30″ 120 Volts 1.6 cu. ft. Capacity Over the Range Microwave is a good choice. This type gets Excellent ratings for heating speed and evenness, and it vents well.
Let’s have a look at some of its characteristics right now.
- It has a capacity of 1.6 cu. ft. and is one of the best Over the Range Microwave Ovens with Convertible Venting on the market.
- It features a lot of fantastic Microwave Settings that can be used for a variety of things like defrosting and munchies like popcorn.
- It’s 16 7/16 H x 29 7/8 W x 15 7/8 D in size.
- This Over the Range microwave has a cabinet width of 30.0 in and a net weight of 56.0 lb.
- Because it has a smooth Stainless Steel Finish, it also has a very elegant appearance.
5. Galanz GLOMJB17S2ASWZ Over The Range Microwave Oven
The Galanz 30 is a high-end model “The SpeedWave Over-the-Range Microwave Oven is a true European convection oven with conventional heating technology. The Galanz 30 is a high-end model “For all cooking processes, the Speedwave Over the Range Microwave Oven features an air fry and steam kit.
You can make anything from steamed vegetables, roasted potatoes, crispy fries, and more. Airflow is provided by the strong vent, which keeps your kitchen free of cooking aromas and heat. Defrost, steam, popcorn, potato, beverage, roast, and more are among the pre-programmed cooking settings.
- TotalFry 360 is one of the best Air Fryer technology, which allows you to cook with little or no oil; comes with both an Air Fry and a Steam kit for healthy meal options. – Steamed vegetables, roasted potatoes, crispy fries, and more are available.
- The stainless steel construction makes cleaning and wiping down the microwave easy. The glass turntable may be removed and washed by hand or in the dishwasher.
- Powerful vent circulates air to keep your kitchen free of cooking aromas and heat; includes several pre-programmed cooking settings such as defrost, steam, popcorn, potato, beverage, roast, and more!
- With a cooking capacity of 1.7 cubic feet, you’ll be able to heat any meal! Fits the air fry or steam kits included with ease – Measures 29.75″ W x 16.75″ H x 17.5″ L when installed over a kitchen range.
While deciding whether or not to possess a microwave is simple, understanding the vast array of microwave alternatives available for purchase is a different issue. To assist you in finding the best microwave for your needs, we’ve put together a buying guide that covers everything you need to know.
Why Should You Go For An Over- The – Range Microwave?
An over-the-range microwave is widely regarded as glamorous and attractive, and it offers a few additional features not seen in other types of microwaves. The most obvious advantage is the amount of counter space saved.
The majority of these microwaves, however, include a light fixture at the bottom to aid illuminate the cooking surface below. They also usually include a built-in ventilation system, similar to a range hood or exhaust fan, that can remove odors, fumes, and excessive heat.
An over-the-range microwave may be the most practical solution for you if your kitchen is small and counter space is limited.
Things To Keep In Mind
The most important thing to remember about wattage is that the higher the wattage, the faster the cooking time and the more uniformly the microwave will heat the contents.
Microwaves with lesser wattage are normally less expensive, but they are slower and less reliable. We would strongly advise purchasing these low-wattage units from a trustworthy brand and reviewing reviews for each item.
Even the most durable microwaves are likely to have a shelf life of roughly 10-12 years, with a microwave’s average lifespan being around 9. If finding a microwave that will last as long as possible is crucial to you, read any reviews you can discover on the type you’re considering. Because you’re likely to replace your microwave in some form or another within a few years, it can make more sense to prioritize other features over durability.
You’ll quickly find that microwave prices vary widely, with a lot depending on the model of microwave you choose.
The extra expense will be well worth it if your kitchen design allows a built-in or over-the-range microwave, a much more practical option. Not only would a built-in unit save you room on the counter, but it will also make your kitchen more stylish, increasing the value of your home.
You can easily get by with a less expensive microwave, but expect to pay a little more if you decide an over-the-range type oven is the best option for you.
This isn’t a deal-breaker for everyone, but some microwaves are louder than others, so if you’re sensitive to noise, test out the model you’re considering before buying to get a sense of what to expect from the sound.
If you’re thinking about buying a microwave online but won’t be able to test it out, customer reviews will often note whether or not a microwave is particularly noisy, allowing you to determine which models to avoid. While it is uncommon for microwaves to have decibel ratings, it is possible to find them.
This is primarily an issue for individuals thinking about purchasing an over-the-range microwave to replace the range hood that would normally provide ventilation when cooking on the stove.
Few over-the-range microwaves receive high marks for ventilation from reviewers, but Consumer Reports has examined how different models perform in this area. If you’re looking for an over-the-range microwave, their research is highly worth reading.
Microwaves are a reasonably inexpensive device when compared to other appliances. As a result, most customers have a bit more freedom to choose the microwave that best suits their needs, preferences, and overall lifestyle. Do not worry or try to hurry the process. Take your time browsing and conducting adequate research, but don’t overthink anything. Go for it if you see something you want that fits within the space you have.
Frequently asked Questions
Q: How do you decide which microwave oven is the best?
Determine how much room is available on the kitchen countertop, how much food is expected to be cooked in the oven every day, how quickly the food must be prepared, and what features are necessary for the oven before purchasing a microwave oven.
Q: What is the best way to clean a microwave oven?
Cleaning a microwave oven is rather straightforward. After spraying a typical all-purpose cleaner on it, simply wipe it down with a cloth. Special attention should be paid to the inside ceiling and walls. Furthermore, several self-cleaning ovens on the market will reduce the amount of cleaning required.
Q: Are there any microwave ovens that are suitable for a family?
When purchasing microwave ovens for a family, seek ovens with pre-programmed settings that are simple to operate. All of the fundamental snacks and meals that a family would like should be included in the settings.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon: