Quick Polenta with Shrimps
A delightful and simple little dish from Venice, where the little pink shrimps of the lagoon taste very nice indeed.
Polenta Svelta con Gamberetti
- 1 litre water
- 200g quick polenta
- 120g Parmesan, freshly grated
- 100g unsalted butter
- 300g pink shrimps, shelled
- 50g unsalted butter
- Juice of 2 lemons
- In a saucepan, bring the water to the boil with some salt and add the polenta slowly, stirring well, so that you don't produce lumps. After 5 minutes add the Parmesan and butter, mix well.
- In another pan, gently fry the shrimps in the butter for 5 minutes, before adding the lemon juice.
- Pour the polenta on to plates, spooning the shrimp sauce over the top.